It’s No Secret: A Comprehensive SEO Strategy Grows Your HVAC Business Efficiently
HVAC marketing has changed over the years. When it used to be driven by referrals and phone books, internet users now research HVAC contractors online before making purchasing decisions. HVAC leads now turn to search engines and review sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, HomeAdvisor and Google reviews to find top contractors.
As such, your website presence needs to be TIP TOP in order to build your business the way you want to.
And often we get questions around statistics on SEO. So, we figured we would turn to the SEO experts at Hubspot to borrow some of their statistics, we’re sure they won’t mind! Source for the statistics comes from Hubspot’s Marketing Blog.
- 61% of global Internet users research products online. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- On average, we conduct 12 billion searches per month on the web in the United States. (Comscore, July 2014)
- The average click-through rate for paid search in 2010 (worldwide) was 2%. (Convario, January 2011)
- Businesses with websites of 401-1000 pages get 6x more leads than those with 51-100 pages. (HubSpot Lead Generation Lessons from 4,000 Businesses, 2011)
- 86% of consumers stated that using a search engine allowed them to learn something new or important that helped him/her increase his/her knowledge. (Pew Research Center, Search Engine Use 2012)
- The average content length for a web page that ranks in the top 10 results for any keyword on Google has at least 2,000 words. The higher up you go on the search listings page, the more content each web page has. (QuickSprout)
- If a post is greater than 1,500 words, on average it receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes than a post that is under 1,500 words. (QuickSprout)
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search results. (Business2Community)
- YouTube has become the 2nd Largest Search Engine – bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask & AOL combined. (Social Media Today)
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. (Search Engine Watch)
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. (Search Engine Journal)
Clearly, HVAC marketing has quickly evolved over the years and now requires a website and search engine strategy! As always, schedule your consultation today to learn more about your website and get an honest opinion on your website’s ability to convert.